The notification component of our wiki (plone) isn’t useful enough to bother with, so as a workaround I view its “Recent Changes” page on a regular basis. Well, as regularly as I can remember, which hasn’t been regular enough. So now I use Windows7’s Task Scheduler to open the page for me on a repeating schedule.
This should also be useful for catching regular Internet radio programs.
- Start | All Programs | Admin Tools | Task Scheduler | Create Task (in far right pane)
- General tab
- Enter a name you’ll recognize later
- Triggers tab | New…
- Enter when the task should occur
- Actions tab | New…
- Action = Start a Program
- Program/script = rundll32
- Arguments = url.dll,FileProtocolHandler http://yourFavoriteSiteHere.net
- Conditions tab
- Start only if the computer is on AC power => off
- Wake the computer to run this task => on
- Settings tab
- Run as soon as possible after scheduled start is missed => on